Updated March 15, 2021: Please learn about our single shopping cart solution for Marketplaces available in April 2021.
We’ve taken the best elements of easy set up, managing payment flows and enabling producers to easily sell through multiple channels and added a single shopping cart solution for marketplace customers.
Below is our 2020 post describing our short term response to COVID 19. Read more about our current next generation approach: Food4All Marketplace Solution.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, farmers markets around the country had to modify their businesses to meet local, regional or statewide measures to reduce the spread of the virus. Reduced farmers market operations directly impacted farms and small craft food producers by cutting off an important selling channel. Also impacted were a large number of consumers who rely on their farmers market to buy fresh food directly from local producers.
Food4All responded to the need of these farmers market vendors, farmers market managers and consumers by helping farmers market vendors quickly set up online stores. We lowered our fees to enable consumers to buy from multiple vendors online just as they would at a physical farmers market.
Below we’ve outline the specific steps we have taken to help bring online these local connections. Our goal is to enable farmers markets to efficiently operate and for consumers to easily access local fresh food.
If you participate in a farmers market or are a farmers market manager, Food4All can help bring your farmers market online or add online ordering to your physical market. Here’s how:
Food4All provides a directory page where buyers can see all of the farmers market vendors in a given zip code.
- If your farmers market has it’s own web page, we can link the directory page to your website.
- Buyers can buy directly from each vendor listed on your website.
Farmers market vendors can quickly and easily set up an online store with the farmers market as a pick up location.
- Similar to going to each vendor’s stall, shoppers can shop each vendor’s online store and then pick up or have goods delivered in a coordinated fashion.
The base 95 cent order fee has been eliminated to encourage buyers to buy from multiple farmers market vendors. That fee will remain lifted for all vendors participating in Food4All farmers markets.
- Buyers will still pay a small 2.5% transaction fee. This fee is capped at $9.95.
EBT/SNAP onsite has been added as a form of payment
- We recognize that you want to meet the needs of all of your customers. To that end, we’ve added EBT/SNAP onsite as a form of payment. Online orders can be marked as SNAP/EBT, and then paid at your farmers market pick up location.
Marketwide order reporting
- Orders reporting across vendors is now available.
Food4All gives farmers market vendors the ability to quickly and easily set up an online shopping page and start taking orders immediately. Sellers can set up an account in the morning and be selling in the afternoon.